We are excited that you are visiting the website for the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Fisheries, Water & Rural Resettlement. We have a lot of valuable information to help you in your endeavour whether you are a communal, A1 or A2 farmer, agro-dealer, investor, or an individual interested to know about our ministry and the agriculture sector. We are here to provide you with various agriculture services,
Functions of the Ministry
- Formulate, review and implement viable agricultural policies and legislation;
- Develop strategies to ensure production and productivity of food and non-food agricultural products for self-sufficiency and security, economic growth as well as for export;
- Provide animal and plant disease and pest control services to the agricultural sector.;
- Design strategies and guidelines for the implementation of enterprise or industry specific policy objectives in the agricultural sector;
- Provide agricultural engineering, mechanisation and irrigation services to the agricultural sector;
- Identify and develop effective markets and marketing systems for agricultural products;
- Coordinate and mainstream implementation of regional and International treaties, protocols, agreements and standards into our national laws;
- Provide leadership in the advocacy and awareness of agriculture and water;
- Provide extension and advisory services;
- Facilitate and coordinate capacity development in the areas of agriculture and water sectors;
- Participate in the development and implementation of SADC and other regional and international organisations’ water resource, pests and diseases management frameworks;
- Manage and administer land and water resources;
- Conduct national mapping and cadastral surveys;
- Establish and maintain an agricultural information system; and
- Generate appropriate technologies, information and knowledge that address crop and livestock production and management needs of farmers.
Agricultural Recovery Plan Key Elements
- Financial Services Sector Led Commercial Contract Farming Programme.
- Commodity Value Chain Financing Model.
- Climate Proofed-Presidential Input Support Scheme.
- Pre-planting producer price announcement
- Blitz Soil Conditioning Programme.
- Diversification of food production and consumption.
- Creation of Lowveld Maize Belt (Masvingo, Bulawayo Kraal and Kanyemba)
- Capacitation of Extension Services Delivery.
- Speeding up irrigation development programmes
- Speeding up mechanisation programmes.
- The innovation and modernization of agriculture.