Strategic Policy Planning and Business Development 1 Legacy Liberation Way Ngungunyana Building Ground Floor Harare 0242-790358
- Long term planning of agricultural sector investment / development plans and their incorporation into national development plans.
- Coordinate the formulation of the overall agricultural sector and sub-sector development policies and strategies.
- Coordinate the development of feasibility studies and identification, appraisal, design and evaluation of all agricultural programmes and joint ventures to be undertaken by Ministry, its departments and parastatals.
- Conducting strategic analysis of the agriculture sector, and monitor and evaluate all agricultural projects and programmes and maintain an agriculture information management system (AIMS) and knowledge support system (KSS)
- Advise Management on matters pertaining to bilateral and international trade agreements / commissions such as AU, SADC, COMESA, WTO, ACP, EU, FAO, WORLD BANK, WFP etc.
- Facilitate investment and business development in agriculture and, marketing and trade of agricultural commodities and maintaining a marketing information system (MIS).
- Advising and guiding agricultural institutions such as farmers associations, marketing boards on agricultural policy issues.
- To supervise preparation of papers, memoranda and speeches on issues pertaining to agricultural policy and strategy implementation.
- To ensure that the staff in the Department is properly trained for the duties they must undertake and that the work is accomplished to a high standard of professional competence and accuracy
POLICY PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
Key Performance Area
1.Agriculture Policy and Projects Planning;
2.Agriculture Sector Coordination; and
3.Monitoring and Evaluation of Policy and Project Implementation
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, MARKETS AND TRADE
Key Performance Area
1.Agric-Business Development and Ease of Doing Business in Agriculture;
2.Agric-Investment Promotion and Facilitation;
3.Agric-Trade Promotion, Facilitation and Regulations;
4.Monitoring Local, Regional and International Agriculture Commodity Markets.