• Producing and documenting information about animal health and disease risk and geographical spread.
• Controlling and preventing animal diseases of economic and zoonotic diseases and pests at source.
• Inspecting and certifying livestock for health status.
• Advising on good animal and hygiene through extension and communication.
• Establishing and maintaining key infrastructure for animal disease control.
• Training for effective technical capability and human resource capacity in service delivery
• Developing technical expertise.