Provision of irrigation services to the farming community to enhance agricultural production and productivity.
To have all Zimbabwean exploitable water resources utilized for irrigation using the best water saving appropriate technologies.
• Plan and design irrigation systems;
• Develop irrigation systems;
• Rehabilitate irrigation systems;
• Farmer training on irrigation water management;
• Monitoring and evaluation of irrigation projects;
• Irrigation systems research and testing.
The Department of Irrigation is the government department responsible for the overall planning, design, construction, sustainable operation, maintenance and management of communal irrigation schemes; irrigation research; and the provision of irrigation engineering, advisory and regulatory services to irrigation clientele in Zimbabwe.
The Department of Irrigation upholds the following values: