Welcome to our Ministry, We are Ready to Give you Quality Services
Functions of the Ministry
- Formulate, review and implement viable agricultural policies and legislation.
- Develop strategies to ensure production and productivity of food and non-food agricultural products for self-sufficiency and security, economic growth as well as for export.
- Provide animal and plant disease and pest control services to the agricultural sector.
- Design strategies and guidelines for the implementation of enterprise or industry specific policy objectives in the agricultural sector.
- Provide agricultural engineering, mechanisation and irrigation services to the agricultural sector.
- Identify and develop effective markets and marketing systems for agricultural products.
- Co-ordinate and mainstream implementation of regional and international treaties, protocols, agreements and standards into our National laws.
- Provide leadership in the advocacy and awareness of agriculture and water policies.
- Provide extension and advisory services.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate capacity development in the areas of agriculture and water sectors.
- Participate in the development and implementation of SADC and other regional and international organisations water resource, pests and diseases management frameworks.
- Manage and administer land and water resources.
- Conduct National mapping and cadastral surveys.
- Establish and maintain an agricultural information system.
- Generate appropriate technologies, information and knowledge that address crop and livestock production and management needs of farmers.